galaxy s 4 cant delete or move files to obb folder, write protected

search this thread

ArchMichael2262 Super User
so i downloaded bloons 5 to install on my new galaxy s4. when i tried moving the files from my computer (w7) to the folder on my phone via USB it didnt move the file.

i moved the file in any other folder of my phone and tried to move it with my phone on the obb folder which didnt work. i copied it and it worked, although the app did NOT work since it still needed to download the files when i ran it.

THEN, i tried deleting the obb folder both using my phone and my computer and while on the phone it wouldnt tell me why i couldnt delete it, the computer showed me a message telling me that it was "write protected".

does anyone have any idea how to bypass that or remove write protection from my phone?

ps
i dont think it matters but its locked with t-mobile
(for non us residents its a phone company. here if you purchase a phone from a phone company it is locked to that company and you cant switch carriers or use another sim card on it until you unlock it. so yeah theres a tip of the day there for you guys)

UltraBaron41 Uploader
so i downloaded bloons 5 to install on my new galaxy s4. when i tried moving the files from my computer (w7) to the folder on my phone via USB it didnt move the file.

i moved the file in any other folder of my phone and tried to move it with my phone on the obb folder which didnt work. i copied it and it worked, although the app did NOT work since it still needed to download the files when i ran it.

THEN, i tried deleting the obb folder both using my phone and my computer and while on the phone it wouldnt tell me why i couldnt delete it, the computer showed me a message telling me that it was "write protected".

does anyone have any idea how to bypass that or remove write protection from my phone?

ps
i dont think it matters but its locked with t-mobile
(for non us residents its a phone company. here if you purchase a phone from a phone company it is locked to that company and you cant switch carriers or use another sim card on it until you unlock it. so yeah theres a tip of the day there for you guys)

S4 Active user here.
I always root my telephones, then install SuperSU.
If you then use, for example, Total Commander, and mount the volume in question as r/w, you can pretty much move whatever you want, wherever you want.
is root explorer going to help?
ive been looking all over google for more than 3 hours and i cant find any solution to this.
tengigawhats706 Uploader
is root explorer going to help?
ive been looking all over google for more than 3 hours and i cant find any solution to this.

I'm not familiar with what you are trying to do, but yes root explorer will let you change something from read only to read/write. You will have to be rooted though. Also, check the T-Mobile S4 section of XDA. There is an easy method for unlocking your phone although its makes no difference with what you are trying to do.
im currently rooting my phone atm
i cant root my device either...
tengigawhats706 Uploader
i cant root my device either...
Did you look through xda for a method? http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-tmobile
I know when 4.3 came out Samsung locked it so it couldn't be rooted and I never updated. I'm sure someone has probably found a way by now but I don't really need 4.3 and haven't looked. I don't want to screw up my unlimited hotspot
my version is 4.2.2
tengigawhats706 Uploader
2bUnique4434 Uploader
wrong user link don't move files directly onto phone. Move onto the micro sd card and copy the .obb folder directly into the android folder on your micro sd card. If you do not have one installed, it's worth doing so. The more you load onto the phone (sans card) the slower your phone performs because your phone's user accessible storage becomes virtual ram for your phone when you have a few apps open.
radioshack has a 8 gig on sale for less than $10. the more, the better (I have a 32 gig in my s3 and in my Note 8.0 tablet)
if you're looking to save a dollar or 2, look around for old phones in the house and see if they have a micro sd card in them. Use that until you choose to spend the $$$

Last edited by 2bUnique, 5 months ago

Latest News

--> --> -->

Latest Searches

-->
Report a bug